Thursday, March 24, 2011

goodbye, hello









i've been absent this last week while saying goodbye to my grandfather. my grandmother passed a couple years ago. i hope you don't mind if i share these amazing photos of them in their younger days. they look like movie stars to me. So in love and full of style.  they made adventures out of the everyday. it inspires me and seem to fit with what we do here. it struck me this past week that when someone leaves us we spend time looking back at their life and often you find through old photos like these you meet them again...a different them but still there they are with so much left to tell. so for me it's like discovering my grandfather all over again. it's a beautiful thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't mind at all. They're all beautiful photographs and your grandparents were quite the lookers!

stefanie said...

@theeclecticlife they were weren't they? I've got step up my game or my poor grandkids will have no pretty pictures to remember me by :)

Post a Comment